A blog about being a broke twenty-something grad student in L.A. At least the good parts.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

the internet is more entertaining than the t.v.

Granted, I don't have cable, but I do find the internet to be a much deeper sea of interesting things to choose from. And I really, really hate commercials. Whether I'm looking to learn about new things that enrich my life, or study something purely academic, or find those worthless gems that don't really add much in terms of substance, but you just can't step away even after a long amount of time has passed, and your eyes are feeling dry and are starting to sting and blur, the internet has it all. Yeah, that's the internet I love. Actually, last I heard, internet was actually capitalized, as in 'Internet'. I don't like the way it looks, so I'm not going to follow this rule.

Tonight I spent the better part of the evening, and will probably be up long after I should, perusing the best-of-craigslist. Most of it is so funny I find myself laughing out loud, with just my cat looking back at me, confirming that it's a little odd. I will freely admit most of it is peppered with obscenities, but I love obscenities when used at all the right points in a story emphasizing just how pissed you were at that point in time. I use obscenities a lot in my head when I'm mad and wish I could rant about something. A lot of the entries seem to be rants, or nicely penned F.Y.I. type posts from the people around us, i.e. service industry workers who just have to let a little steam out about all the assholes they have to deal with. I love it. I suppose to some people it's not a new find, but to me it is, and I'm excited about it.

I'm adding it to my favorite links section on the left.

Listening: Grey Daturas - Path of Niners

No comments: