A blog about being a broke twenty-something grad student in L.A. At least the good parts.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Another month bites the dust

Well, there went October. Busy, busy month.

Lots of shows: saw Yellow Swans at the Smell (excellent, excellent set), William Basinski at the Hammer Museum, and Mum at The Orpheum. Thurston Moore is next Tuesday. Other good shows coming up too.

Drove down to San Diego for Jessica's birthday party.

Started guitar class again; intermediate guitar is going to focus a lot more on guitar theory. Violin 3 starts tomorrow.

And...kept working out! Fuckin'-a right. Averaging four times a week; spinning, step, and various cardio machines. I don't know if I look any different, but with the way I feel, I couldn't care less. I feel like I did back when I was 19.

I've got a birthday coming up, a trip to Hawaii with my mom. Shit, I'm even writing a new paper, moving my research along.

Life is damn good.

Despite all that, I can still listen to certain records that I connected with in college, when I think I had a lot more emotional stuff going on, and it just overtakes me. I want to go back, I want to do it all over again (of course with all the knowledge I've gained in the meantime). I think it has something to do with the ever increasing realization that mortality is not abstract, it's not a matter of chance. It's as real as it gets, and we only get one shot with this youth thing. When it's gone, it's gone. I don't want it to be gone.

Listening: Tragedy - Nerve Damage

No comments: